Strategic project location in Germany Supportive Government
• Mining encouraged at EU and Federal Germany Levels – Raw Material Supply – EU and State grants and subsidies available – member of FAME project providing funding for mineral processing test work.
• State of Saxony very supportive – Stated ambition to make the district a centre of mining excellence. – Actively encouraging new exploration and development. – Local Erzgebirge has 800 years of mining history, world’s oldest School of Mines. Location Benefits.
• Excellent infrastructure and nearby major markets for potential products.
• Security of supply is critical for German manufacturers and a has formed a group aimed at securing supply.
• Germany has much lower mining labour costs than Australia or Canada (around 30-40%) and no tin royalty.
• There is currently active mining in the district (marble and fluorite) so no new precedents need to be set.