- Mining encouraged at EU and Federal Germany Levels
- Raw Material Supply
- EU and State grants and subsidies available
- member of FAME project providing funding for mineral processing test work
The State of Saxony Very Supportive
- Stated ambition to make the district a centre of mining excellence.
- Actively encouraging new exploration and development.
- Local Erzgebirge has 800 years of mining history, world’s oldest School of Mines.
- Excellent infrastructure and nearby major markets for potential products.
- Security of supply is critical for German manufacturers and a has formed a group aimed at securing supply.
- Germany has much lower mining labour costs than Australia or Canada (around 30-40%) and no tin royalty.
- There is currently active mining in the district (marble and fluorite) so no new precedents need to be set.